Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Interview: Amy Matayo, Author of The Whys Have It



I'm so excited to share an interview with Amy Matayo, one of my favorite authors of contemporary romance! Seriously, her books make me feel all the feels. Which I love. First, a little about her new book The Whys Have It . . .


http://www.amazon.comhttp://www.amazon.comhttp://www.goodreads.com

Synopsis

"His music holds the heart of America...but his soul holds a terrible secret."

Chart topping pop musician Cory Minor has it all—fame, money, more women at his disposal than time to spend on them. He’s living the life most American men only dream of. Until an ordinary concert in Springfield threatens to destroy everything he’s worked for.
 

As he and his band leave the arena for his next show, Cory’s tour bus crashes into two teenage girls, killing one girl instantly and leaving the other barely clinging to life. Lawsuits are threatened, tabloids are talking, and Cory’s idyllic world falls apart. But what no one knows is that this scene is all too familiar. Because this isn’t the first accident Cory has caused. This isn’t the first time he’s destroyed someone else’s life to save his own.
 

It’s just the first time he’s had to face it head on.
 

Small town girl Samantha Dalton has no one—no mother, no father, and now no sister. She’s lost everything in a world that celebrates excess. So when Cory Minor shows up at her doorstep offering money and apologies, she turns him away too. You can’t lose what you don’t have, and she can’t take another letdown, especially not from someone who has managed to rip away all she had left. Samantha has been fine on her own for years, she’ll be fine now too.
 

At least that’s what she tells herself.
 

But Cory won’t leave. He’s persistent in the worst possible way.
Will Cory’s determination to make things right pay off in the end, or will Sam keep pushing him away until there’s nothing left to fight for? How can two people learn to rely on each other when life keeps hurting them both?


And now, here's Amy!


Can you tell us a little about yourself? 

I am a mom of four (two boys, two girls) and I am married to my husband Doug. I've been writing novels for eight years now, and it's been almost four years since my first book (The Wedding Game) was published. I live in Arkansas in Wal-Mart country--the national headquarters is just a few miles away.


What do you do besides writing? 

Read, talk with my kids, fold piles and piles of laundry, travel when I can, procrastinate all things of life better than just about anyone.


Do you have images you can share that come close to how you picture your characters? Do you like to find visual inspiration for your characters before or during your writing process? 

I usually come up with visuals when a blogger asks for them. In my mind, my character's faces are vague. But in the case of this book, I knew what my hero looked like before I started writing. My heroine was vague until right now. Here they are.



 
What are some songs that you listened to or inspired you while writing your book? 



What message would you like readers to ultimately take away from the book? 

That forgiving yourself is as important as forgiving others. That you can't outrun your past, but you can stand in place and face your future. That mistakes don't have to define you; it is possible to start over and make a new ending. And that you are worthy of love, always.


What can we look forward to coming from you in the future?

Next up is a Christmas novella, out October 15th. After that, I'm going to tackle envy in a full-length novel.


Thank you Amy! Congratulations on your new release! 

The Whys Have It is out *TODAY* for only $3.99 at Amazon and FREE for Kindle Unlimited subscribers! Don't miss it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!